Have Fun. Make friends. Learn salsa.
Afrodesia Salsa offers cuban style salsa classes for complete beginners to more advanced dancers.
Classes are held in a vibrant and friendly environment where people come together to experience (or discover!) their passion for salsa music and dance.
Here are some of the reasons why students choose Afrodesia Salsa:
- It’s a great way to wind down and have fun.
- You will meet new people, and make new friends.
- You learn a style of dance which is fantastic for the mind, great for your body, and will uplift your soul!
And that’s not all…
- You will learn at a pace and level to suit you.
- Wear whatever you find comfortable and suitable to dance in.
- Classes are on a Pay As You Go basis or you can save money with one of our bonus savers!
- Come to a class with or without a partner. People often come alone and everyone is paired up with regular changes throughout a class.
- We have two different levels (improver and intermediate) so for sure you will find the right lesson for you!
- We also run beginners courses for those who want to discover Cuban Salsa. So don’t be shy, what’s the worst that can happen?!
We offer 8 week Courses on Thursdays at The MAPP Centre (22-24 Mount Pleasant, Reading RG1 2TD) for those who want to discover Cuban salsa and la Rueda:
- Level 1: Beginners 1
- Level 2: Beginners 2
See our Beginners section for more information and how to sign up!
For more experience dancers (improvers level and above) we offer drop in classes on Wednesday at The Bali Lounge (77-79 King’s Rd, Reading RG1 3DD Reading):
- Level 3: Improver
- Level 4: Intermediate
You can join without a partner!
Which level is good for me?
Choosing the right level is very important! Being in a class where you are not challenged enough won’t help you to move forward, but being in a class where the level is too high can discourage and stress you. We recommend everyone to talk to us before joining the class and we can help you to choose the right level for you.
What students say…
Jerry and Esther always create a warm and friendly learning atmosphere that brings out your confidence and style. Authentic cuban! Classes are excellent and the rueda is brilliant fun. Can’t recommend it enough 🙂
– Cassie Panayiotou, April 2017
Cuban salsa at its best! Jerry is so much fun and the whole atmosphere is very friendly!
– Niki Pav, February 2017
Our “little Havana” in central Reading. Excellent classes and a lovely bunch of people.
– Penny Kilbane, January 2017
If you want Cuban salsa, this is the real deal. Jerry’s classes are well taught with levels for beginners up to advanced. I can feel a real progression in my dancing and Jerry is always adding interesting steps and moves to add to our repertoire. I’ve tried several groups and this is one of the friendliest around. I would recommend it to anyone!
– Lucinda Rose Freeman, January 2017
Haven’t had a chance to dance for ages – did Jerry’s class last week and it was really good – proper Cuban style, lovely friendly people and great fun!
– Sue Bingham, December 2016
Great routines and a friendly atmosphere. It is rare to find authentic Cuban salsa!
– Ben Middleton, December 2016
Jerry offers excellent and fun salsa classes!
– Lina Gomes, November 2016
I have been going to Afrodesia cuban salsa classes for many years and it’s always great fun at all the classes! Afrodesia cuban salsa classes really does help you relax, keep fit and always puts a smile on my face. I’ve made lots of friends, learnt a great dance and Jerry always looks to stretch us with new moves!! It’s just great ‘fun’!!
– Ged G.