Discover Cuban Salsa with Afrodesia Salsa!
We offer courses of 8 weeks where you will learn Cuban salsa and la Rueda de Casino in a small and friendly group. They will give you the opportunity to learn the essentials of this fun, sociable and energetic dance. Classes are held in a vibrant and friendly environment where you will discover your passion for salsa music & dance and will make you wonder why you didn’t try this before!
You can come to our courses with or without a partner, it really doesn’t matter, as everyone gets paired up nicely and there are regular changes of partner throughout a class.
NEW COURSES STARTING ON:
Beginners Level 1:
- 31 October 2019 – FULLY BOOKED!
- 9 January 2020 – Registration open!
Beginners Level 2:
- 31 October 2019 – FULLY BOOKED!
- 9 January 2020 Registration open!
Beginners Level 3:
- 31 October 2019
- 9 January 2020
Please note that our courses get booked very quick! So if you are interested we would recommend you to book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we work on first come first served basis.
Level 1 – Beginners 1 (6:45 pm – 7:30 pm):
You will learn the basic steps, timing, and leading & following techniques. This course is designed for those who:
- have never danced salsa before
- have done few lessons (of any kind) of salsa
- anyone who wants to discover Cuban!
Price of the course (from January 2020): £50
Level 2 – Beginners 2 (7:45 pm – 8:30 pm):
In this course you will improve your dancing by learning partner work combinations and La Rueda de Casino. This course is designed for those who:
- have completed the Beginners Level 1 course
- have danced Cuban Salsa and la Rueda before and want to refresh their knowledge
Price of the course (from January 2020): £55
Level 3 – Beginners 3 (8:45 pm – 9:45 pm):
This course is a bridge between the Level 2 and Improvers. It will help you learn more interesting partner work combinations, moves for La Rueda de Casino and introduction to body movement. This course is designed for those who:
- have completed our Beginners Level 2 course
- want to continue on learning more Cuban salsa!
Price of the course (from January 2020): £60
Which course is for me?
Choosing the right level is very important! Being in a class where you are not challenged enough won’t help you to move forward, but being in a class where the level is too high can discourage and stress you. We recommend everyone to contact us before joining the courses so we can help you to choose the right level for you.
How to book your place
We focus in quality rather than quantity, that’s why our courses have limited spaces (around 16 people). Our aim is to create a relax atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable and learns at their own pace. For that reason we made this a small group so we can focus on everyone’s needs and students feel relax. If you are interested and want to book your space you can make your payment by:
- Cash: at the MAP Community Centre on Wednesdays or Thursdays. Please contact us to arrange a time.
- Bank transfer: email us for the bank details.
All the courses need to be booked in advance. Please note that the prices are not refundable nor transferable.
What you will learn
- The basic steps, footwork and techniques.
- Body positioning, so the moves feel comfortable for both men and women.
- Familiarisation with the musicality and rhythm of the dance.
- The fundamentals for salsa leading and following.
- Partner work combinations.
- The essentials of Rueda de Casino
What you can expect from the class
- Warm up
- Footwork, partner work techniques and la Rueda essentials (depending on the week)
- Small group so you feel comfortable and will receive friendly feedback throughout the class which will allow you to master your learning quicker
What we expect from you
- Wear whatever you find comfortable to dance in.
- Willingness to let your hair down and give it a go!
Why you should join the course
- It’s great way to wind down and have fun!
- You will learn at a pace and level that suits you.
- You will learn a style of dance which is fantastic for the mind, great for your body, and will uplift your soul!